Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this?
- Fantasy Olympics! Think of it like any other fantasy sports league, only for the Olympics.
- Ok, I get that, but how does it work?
- Draft countries or athletes to compete in the various Olympic sports. When they earn medals, you win points.
- What are the different league types?
- Bronze leagues are for the first-timers here. Choose the sports that you want to compete in, then draft a country for each of these sports. Don't know anything about equestrian events? Neither do I, and we probably won't include it in my league.
- Silver leagues are for the folks who want to get completely immersed in the Summer Olympics. Draft a country for EACH of the sports. Prepare to learn a whole lot about fencing and
weightlifting to win your league
- Gold leagues are for the truly hardcore Olympic fans. Draft a roster of individual athletes (or teams, in the case of sports like basketball) in any sports.
- How do we do a draft?
- Online drafts are now avaialble! On the League Options page, choose an online draft and select your date and time. About an hour before the draft starts, your league pages
will have a new box at the top inviting you into the draft room. If you'd rather have an offline draft, go for it, and your commissioner can enter the results on their administration page. The draft itself is a standard snake
- How much is each medal worth?
- By default, a gold medal is worth 5 points, a silver is worth 3, and a bronze is worth 1. Your commissioner can customize these values. Want to only count gold medals? Set silver and bronze to 0 points each. Feel that alloys are unnatural? Set
bronze medals to be worth negative 5 points and punish those who win one.
- How do team events work?
- If a particular athlete competes solo as well as in team events, they earn points based on ALL medals won. It definitely pays to draft athletes that you project to compete multiple events, whether team or
solo. For the events that only exist as team events, and don't have overlap between team members (Basketball, Baseball / Softball, Football (Soccer), Field Hockey, Handball, and Rugby Sevens), these are available as the whole
team ("United States Men's Basketball Team" or "Japan Women's Softball Team" for example)
- What is this "ROC" country?
- The Russian Federation has been punished by the World Anti-Doping Agency and is forbidding them from competing under their own banner. Russia, instead, will be referred to as the acronym "ROC".
- Are you affiliated with any official Olympic group?
- No, definitely not, please don't think that we are! We're just fans of the Olympics and fantasy sports.
- I think you should add... It would be great it we could... Why don't you make a...
- Please contact us with any feedback. We have a TON of features we want to add, so let us know your favorites and we'll get them on the list.
- I have other questions!
- Contact us and we'll do our best to get you a response.